Re: sharing is caring (mutex solution)

From: Dirk Manske <dm_at_nettraffic.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:33:22 +0100

Moin,

Sonntag, 13. Januar 2002 12:37,Daniel Stenberg:
> * Mutexing
>
> Instead, I suggest that we have libcurl call two application specified
> callbacks for retrieving and releasing mutexes, leaving the actual
> implementation for the outside to decide.
>
> Comments?

We (idea from Ingo Wilken, implemted by me) are using this solution some
month. We are using libcurl for browser simulation. One day we needed
cookie support in our threaded application so we added mutexing right
the way you described above.

See attached (old) patch. Maybe i will build a patch for 7.9.2 comming
week.

Ahoi,
Dirk Manske