Re: sharing is caring (mutex solution)

From: Sterling Hughes <sterling_at_bumblebury.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:58:49 +0100

> Moin,
>
> Sonntag, 13. Januar 2002 12:37,Daniel Stenberg:
> > * Mutexing
> >
> > Instead, I suggest that we have libcurl call two application specified
> > callbacks for retrieving and releasing mutexes, leaving the actual
> > implementation for the outside to decide.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> We (idea from Ingo Wilken, implemted by me) are using this solution some
> month. We are using libcurl for browser simulation. One day we needed
> cookie support in our threaded application so we added mutexing right
> the way you described above.
>
> See attached (old) patch. Maybe i will build a patch for 7.9.2 comming
> week.

    It would actually have to be abstracted a bit, this mutex stuff
    shouldn't be only cookie related, it should be a general function,
    that could be called anytime something should be mutexed (and it
    should have a default function), something so that in the API you
    could go:

    Curl_mutex_create(&data);
    // .. Use globals
    Curl_mutex_free(&data);