Re: sharing is caring

From: Dirk Manske <dmanske_at_nettraffic.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:45:01 +0100

Montag, 14. Januar 2002 15:31, Daniel Stenberg:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Dirk Manske wrote:
> > Hmm, one mutex for everything in libcurl will lock too much. I think we
> > need one mutex for a each pool, one for cookies, one for the host cache
> > and so on. Libcurl itselfs should initialize the different mutexes.
>
> Why should libcurl initialize the mutexes?
Because we could add more mutexes to the libcurl internal without the needing
to touch a (multithreaded) libcurl application. Maybe only 2 mutexes are
needed, maybe libcurl was someday 10 mutexes. If all theses mutexes must
be initialize from the application it is not very nice.

--
Dirk Manske | Entwicklung | Nettraffic Internet Performance GmbH
dmanske_at_nettraffic.de | Tel: +49 (0)40-76 79 61-30 | Fax -99