Connection check problems on windows with multi thread.

From: chicco <chicco_at_gammasite.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:35:01 +0200

Few days ago I've asked for help because my multithreads application seems
stuck when working with more than 10 threads on windows.

It seems that the problem is the recheck that is done in curl for a
connection after it is established.

After curl establish new connection (connect() in connect.c) it calls
socketerror()
even though the return code from connect() is - 0 which mean that the
connection established.
socketerror() is calling getsockopt() and it seems that in windows with a
lot of threads working
simultaneously this cause the problem.
Because there is no need to recheck the connection (as it seems to me), I
don't perform
the recheck and the application is working properly.

Is this a bug or did I missed something ?

Chicco