Re: Multithread with curl makes my application slower.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:34:28 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, chicco wrote:

> I'm using wget in my application and want to start using curl instead. My
> application is multithreaded and each thread hold it's own curl object to
> fetch urls in parallel working. I've succeded to work with the curl lib but
> the problem is that it is working much slower than with the wget (the work
> with the wget was also multithreaded).

When doing what and how? What operating system, what libcurl version?

> another problem is that working with curl makes my application consume a
> lot of the computer resources (again not like with wget).

What kind of "computer resources"?

> What can i do?

Debug, profile, trace, hunt, read code, add debug code, fix problems, correct
mistakes, mail patches, start from the beginning again.

Really, we're only humans that have made it this far. All the bugs still
present are because we do mistakes, all the time. Some of what you see may be
because of our bugs, some of them might very well be because of your bugs and
how you do your comparisions.

Until you tell us a lot more details, we can't tell.