Re: write timeouts

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:13:01 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Pete Su wrote:

> related thought.
>
> i'm using curl 7.8 or thereabouts. does this version of libcurl even use
> nonblocking sockets? it looks like it sets things up to be non-blocking
> under windows, but i see no similar calls for the unix side.

No. We introduced proper non-blocking sockets all over (on all platforms)
starting as recent as 7.9.3. Before that, we used it for connections-only on
Windows and a short while for connections-only on all platforms.

7.8 is fairly old to say the least.

BTW, by using CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT and CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME properly,
you could probably get the effect you want. If I'm not mistaking.