curl 5.9 with libc5 :)

From: Miklos Nemeth <mnemeth_at_kfkisystems.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:30:23 -0800

I had to port my curl-based application onto a libc5 environment
and I found that only curl 5.9 compiles against libc5
(on RedHat 6.1 with libc5 compatibility libraries and, gcc 2.7.2.3)
I played with this version for a while and I found it works
perfectly for HTTPS, which is needed by my app.
Therefore, I'm seriously thinking downgrading to curl 5.9
on all platforms (Linux libc6/glibc2, Solaris7, Solaris8, FreeBSD3,
FreeBSD4, Win32, Linux libc5) that my app has to support.
Unfortunately, curl 5.9 has a different API than curl 7.9.
I'm thinking of building the "easy" API on top of 5.9.

Any comments are appreciated.

Miklos