Re: libcurl 4 windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:28:23 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Nick C wrote:

> I am trying to install and use libcurl under the windows mode/os. I am one
> of the guys you helped in the past. Unfortunately, i lost those messages
> and the scripts I made a few months ago. I was using linux then, but due to
> relocatin and some some hardware computer problems, I cannot partitionate
> the computer i'm using and install linux. I will have to stick to windows
> millennium, at least for a while, until I find a solution to install
> linux..

Poor you. Fortunately libcurl runs fine on windows too! ;-)

> I just managed to install active perl and I seem now that I am able to run
> simple perl scripts. I just downloaded the libcurl, from curl web site, the
> perl version. I managed to open it, I did "perl makefile.pl", but I
> couldn't do "make " and "make install". How can I install perl interface
> (libcurl) on windows ?

Back on the February 20th 2002, João Carriço asked a question about
installing the perl binding using cygwin on windows
(http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2002-02/0131.html) but unfortunately, there
was no one around that could help him.

Cris Bailiff is our perl binding maintainer, but he neither knew how to do
this on windows: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2002-02/0155.html

This is in fact more a question of how to use perl on windows and how to
install perl extensions on Windows.

I have absolutely no clue. There must be some clever guys in better forums
than this that have answers to this problem.

> Where can I download and install the C++ interface for curl (for windows) ?

Take a guess! ;-)

        http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/cplusplus/

The interface is very basic and incomplete, if I understand it correctly. I'm
eagerly waiting for people to contribute improvements...