Re: "ROCK Package for libcurl"

From: Clifford Wolf <clifford_at_clifford.at>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:31:39 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> curl is supposed to deal with EINPROGRESS by calling waitconnect() and
> select() there until it connects for real.

ok - beat me! I just had a few hours sleep and now I see my fault. I've
made a misstake in setting the breakpoint in gdb ...

EINPROGRESS is handled absolutely correctly in curl and there is no
problem (as far as I can see).

Is anyone able to reproduce the following error:

        apollo:~$ curl -O
        ftp://ftp.pld.org.pl/software/shadow/shadow-4.0.2.tar.bz2
        curl: (7) Failed to connect to IP number 2

My first guess was that this is a bug in the servers epsv implementation,
but daniel is not able to reproduce the error and I get it whenever I try
the command without '--disable-epsv'.

After using gdb the right way I do know now: The connect() call aborts
with 'ECONNABORTED' (errno=103 on linux-2.4 for intel). And _this_ is now
really confusing me ...

I'll spend some more time now in debuging the problem. It would be great
to get some feedback, if anybody else is seeing this problem ..

I'm running ROCK Linux (www.rocklinux.org) with Linux/ia32 2.4.18 and
glibc-2.2.5 here.

yours,
 - clifford

--
| Clifford Wolf ............ www.clifford.at . . . IRC: http://opirc.nu/
| ROCK Linux Workgroup ..... www.rocklinux.org . . Tel: +43-699-10063494
| NTx Consulting Group ..... www.ntx.at  . . . . . Fax: +43-2235-42788-4
+------=[ Usenet Compliant Signature (RFC 2646) ]=---> www.rocklinux.net
Linux is a wigwam: No Windows, No Gates, Apache inside.
Reality corrupted. Reboot universe? (Y/N)