Re: Problem with PROGRESSFUNCTION

From: <kapheine_at_hypa.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:32:42 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 kapheine_at_hypa.net wrote:
>
> > Like a lot of people, it seems, I am having a program with the
> > PROGRESSFUNCTION option. I am using version 7.9.5. The problem is that no
> > matter what I pass to PROGRESSFUNCTION, it never gets called. So then I
> > went to curl-7.9.5/docs/examples/curlgtk.c and tried to use that, but the
> > problem seems to exist there too. Inside of my_progress_func I put a
> > fprintf(stderr, ..) line to see if it ever gets there and it doesn't ever
> > print anything. The file is downloaded, but the progress bar never gets
> > updated. Does anyone have any insight? Does curlgtk.c work for any of you?
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> It would help a lot if you set a break-point in progress.c:300 and check what
> happens when that source line is reached. Or why it isn't reached.

I've only used the very basic functions of gdb so if you could tell me how
to set a breakpoint for a library that is linked to, that'd be helpful. I
tried just putting an fprintf(stderr, ...) inside of the function at line
300, and nothing was printed, but I'd be happy to do better tests and try
to trace where the problem is if you could help me with how to do the
breakpoints. Thanks for your help.

--
kapheine <kapheine_at_hypa.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0x24E5AD99 | http://kapheine.hypa.net/kapheine.asc