Re: Solved! RE: jni_init() failure in libcurl from Java (JDK 1.3)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:22:00 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Serge Kruppa wrote:

> I actually sent my message 1 minute too early :}

Hehe, the mail hasn't even gotten through to this list yet, as you posted it
before you subscribed and I didn't "acknowledge" it to get through until you
had already posted this fix! ;-)

> The solution in order to get libcurl to work with Java is to add
> -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias to the LDFLAGS line in the Makefile. The test.java
> example works fine after that, happily accessing my SSLv3 site and getting
> the information I need. Great stuff! :)

I'm happy you figured out how to get around the problem!

I appreciate all improvements and fixes you make to the java interface or if
you can provide documentation as the above to make it easier for other/future
users of it!

I wrote the java interface, but mostly to learn a bit about java JNI and
having a go at writing a libcurl binding. I've never used it "for real".