Re: SSL not supported in libcurl win32

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:30:10 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, [utf-8] chilaf_at_libero.it wrote:

> I have a big trouble:
> I want to use OpenSSL support in my app client.
> SO : win 95
> IDE VC 6.0
>
> I compile libcurl following the instructions in the Install.html
> doc,section WIN32/WithSSL / Microsoft / Botland Style :
> - Setting USE_SSLEAY symbol (also USE_OPENSSL)
> - I indicate the include e lib path for open SSL
> - I downloaeded the openssl source 0.9.6c from openssl.org and the
> openssl-bin for VC (libeay32.lib,rsaglue.lib,ssleay32.lib) from :
>
> http://www.mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw/ftp/pub/security/openssl-0.9.6-
> bin/openssl_vc/
>
> Compilation of libcurl ok!! but when I use Libcurl.lib in my app
> curl_easy_perform returns 1 : "LibCurl doesn't support SSL"

Please pay attention to details. It returned 1 (CURLE_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL)
and the textual error message should've been:

 "libcurl was built with SSL disabled, https: not supported!"

Right?

This happens because lib/url.c was not compiled with USE_SSLEAY #defined. It
is quite simple to understand and prove, as that is the only place in the
library that detects this and that returns the error code you describe.

Also, please upgrade to 7.9.5 as it'll play SSL a lot better than 7.9.4 did.