Re: can't get curl dns cache to work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 00:14:21 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Phillip Stevens wrote:

> the libcurl cache timeout definately does work, but not under certain
> circumstances.
>
> eg.. If I repeatedly request 'domain.com' once every 7 seconds and kill the
> dns during the process, after 60 seconds the requests will fail (as
> expected). However, if I change the page request interval from 7 to 5
> seconds, the cache never times out.

Just being careful here, you aren't by any chance using persistant
connections here so that when you use short intervals the previous connection
is still alive and simply re-used?

[from another mail:]
> btw, I'm currently using cygwin. Perhaps this is the problem?

I doubt that very much. But testing the exactly same things under Linux or
similar would of course tell.