RE: curl 7.9.4 build - hp-ux 11i

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:52:59 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Erick Nuwendam wrote:

> Now operations goes a little bit further but I face a new problem.
> I'm working with 7.9.5

[cut]

> checking for socklen_t... no
> checking for socklen_t equivalent... configure: error: Cannot find a type to
> use in place of socklen_t
> *** Error exit code 1

Again, we would appreciate a snippet from your config.log file, from around
the end of it where the tests for the "socklen_t equivalent" are made.

I guess that this problem might be related to the lib/file.c compile problem,
which is based on the assumption that sys/socket.h requires unistd.h (or
similar) to get included first. The socklen_t testing code does this presumed
mistake too.