Re: COOKIE Promlem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:31:20 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Vladimir wrote:

> The problem is:

[snip]

> Cookie seems to be too long. the script below does not understand
> it and return nothing.
>
> If I remove only one chars from the cookie string, the script below
> works well.
>
> Tell me what is the problem with my script Do I do something wrong
> or that is really a problem ??

[code that issues a request with a cookie cut off]

If the cookie is indeed sent in the request (which the VERBOSE should allow
you to tell), then curl does what it is told to.

If the remote site then somehow don't like that, well that's not because curl
is doing anything wrong. It could just as well be a bad cookie name, bad
contents, server bug, or one of a thousands of possible reasons. Your guess
is as good as mine.

On the other side, if the cookie isn't used in the request properly, then
there's a bug somewhere that should be fixed.

There's also the possibility that I've misunderstood everything.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77