Re: setting your own boundary?

From: Jacky Lam <sylam_at_emsoftltd.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:10:47 +0800

On Monday 13 May 2002 13:54, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> This suggestion was posted in the feature request tracker, available here:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350976&aid=554830&group_id
>=976
>
> The idea would be to add a "CURLOPT_SETBOUNDARY function to specific set
> the boundary field in multipart/form-data posts", and the reason for this
> would be that "maybe some day, there will be webservers who check the
> boundary data to see if there isn't curl in it (like it does has now)....
> Just a tought to make it possible to manual override it ..."
>
> So, now I ask you my friends, is there anyone who've missed this ability or
> can see a good use for this should we add it? It would be dead-easy to add.
> I just don't like adding features without people using them...

        How about making a session in libcurl site which contains some 'extra'
functionality patches. In this way, people who needs the 'extra' things can
find/submit to there. At the same time, feedback and use count can be kept to
see whether they should bring into CVS.

Jacky

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net