query regarding ftp://

From: Vishal_garg <Vishal_garg_at_infosys.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:09:09 +0530

Hi,
I have a problem regarding retrieving a file through ftp:// using libcurl.

I found that for all file names full path including username, password have to be used. Is it possible to pass username and password from outside without creating a security hole.

For example, suppose I want to retrieve file Capability.xml then the URL has to be the format of
"ftp://username:password@hostname//export/../Capability.xml". Also always
got message
for each file such as
"SIZE Capability.xml
< 500 'SIZE Capability.xml': command not understood."

Can anyone help in resolving these issues.

Regards,
Vishal Garg,
Infosys Technologies Limited.

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net