Re: no of connections per handle?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:13:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On 20 May 2002, yarram sunil wrote:

> How many connections a curl handle can open?

You mean how many connections one single curl handle keeps open
simultaneously? That is configurable. CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS controls it. By
default, it is 5. I can't say that I can come up with many good reasons why
that would need to be changed.

> is there any maximum limit on it?

No, but most servers close a persistent connection after 5 to 10 seconds, so
there's no point in having more connections than that.

> are there any APIs to know for which servers the connections are being
> opened by curl handle?

Nope. But I'm open to suggestions for providing such a one.

Hundreds of nodes, one monster rendering program.
Now that's a super model! Visit http://clustering.foundries.sf.net/