Re: Bug in curl_multi_info_read

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:07:37 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Abe Lederman wrote:

> I'm new to using curl, and believe that I have found a bug in
> curl_multi_info_read.

> I'm trying to port an application from libwww to libcURL, and I'm using
> multi to retrieve multiple URLs in parallel.
>
> I believe that there is a bug in curl_multi_info_read, if you call this
> function repeatedly, while curl_multi_perform is doing its work.

Thank you! I can see how this is wrong, yes. Your fix seems to be fine.

However, Gustaf Hui has already started on a different patch that'll make the
curl_multi_info_read() function better free already-read messages, so that
they won't have to remain present for the entire multi handle life time, as
they are now.

I think that approach is sensible and it should also address your problems.