Re: EPSV command

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:13:03 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Erick Nuwendam wrote:

> The command EPSV (what is this command ?) seems to be not understand by
> some of the systems my application communicates with.

EPSV is the 'extended' version of the PASV command. It is described in
RFC2428 and allows communication over non-IPv4 protocols (such as IPv6) as
well.

Curl's usage of EPSV should not be a subject of malfunction, only an extra
command-response turn-around.

> Is there a way in the CURL API to disable the use of this command ?

Yes, by setting CURLOPT_FTP_USE_EPSV to FALSE.