RE: Small footprint libcurl

From: Miklos Nemeth <mnemeth_at_kfkisystems.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 11:51:18 -0700

> I think I must've expressed myself unclear.
No, you were absolutely clear.
> Again: add #infdef DISABLE_[PROTOCOL] lines at the appropriate
> places in the
> source code, and I can assure you that you can get much bigger
> differences.
> The biggest part surely comes when/if you disable FTP.
I placed these DISABLE_[PROTOCOL] lines at the appropriate places.
This way ftp.c, ftp.h, telnet.c, ldap.c, etc are left out entirely,
and I modified url.c accordingly.
Unfortunately, in reality, disabling FTP and all other protocols (except
HTTP)
will not give big differences.
I think the main reason is that OpenSSL itself is so huge that
any other attempt to reduce the code size is insignificant
compared to SSL.

Is it possible to use libcurl with other (small footprint) SSL libraries?

Miklos

August 25-28 in Las Vegas - http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm?source=osdntextlink