RE: curl_global_init/cleanup

From: Miklos Nemeth <mnemeth_at_kfkisystems.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:07:48 -0700

> However, I am interested in using libcurl in an environment where I
> cannot ensure that these conditions
> are met.

I had the same problem when I integrated libcurl as a shared
library into a scripting engine.

> some experiments suggest to me
> that for instance the library keeps working even after a initial
> callsequence init-init-cleanup, but this
> experiment I have made only for win32.
I use libcurl on Windows, Linux, Solaris7/8 and FreeBSD 3/4
and I never call the global init and cleanup functions.
I expect future versions of libcurl is going to
work without these "suspicious" global calls.

Miklos