Re: Posting form data using C (Windows)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:55:27 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Navin Viegas wrote:

[form trimmed]

> <FORM METHOD=POST
> ACTION="http://asur:4000/vc30/xt_shopper_lookup.asp"
> <INPUT TYPE="text" SIZE=32 NAME="email">
> <INPUT TYPE=password SIZE=32 NAME="password">
> <INPUT TYPE=image SRC="assets/images/btn_continue.gf"
> </FORM>

> The code for above was :
> URL *curl;
> char *data="email=clagg_at_clagg.com&password=clagg";

First, you didn't include any information about the image from the form.
Secondly, the '@' letter is a reserved one within URLs so it should be
URL-encoded as %40.

Apart from that it looked fine. I suggest that you try this out on a form and
server that you control yourself first, so that you can get the basics sorted
out easier.

August 25-28 in Las Vegas - http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm?source=osdntextlink