Re: Please help!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:53:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, dragulin ionut wrote:

[The reply is CC'ed to the libcurl mailing list, please post follow-ups
there.]

> I am trying to use the curl library into my app but I have one big problem.
> I use a fixed number of threads and when one of those threads finishes it's
> work I create another one o do it's job. The app is working very good for
> an undefined amount of time but after that it seems that it enters in some
> sort of a deadlock and stops doing anything. But there are no critical
> sections there. The Curl was tested for a large amount of time with
> multithreaded apps?
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

Yes, I have a few ideas.

Enable as much logging and tracing as you can. Try to figure out if it
usually "lock up" on the same spot, after having done the same operation.
Find other common denominators (protocols, URLs, sizes, etc). Try with only
one thread (or at least a different amount of threads than you usually use),
does it still happen?

Ah, and make sure that you're using a very recent libcurl version. There's no
fun running around chasing bugs that were already fixed in a later release!