RE: Yahoo Login

From: Yet Another Geek <yetanothergeek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 07:36:20 -0700 (PDT)

> I am using libcurl for the first time to post data.
> Was trying to automate my login to yahoo mail, but
it
> kept displaying the login page again. So i tried
with
> a simpler form data, the output kept saying that
either
> the email and passwd is wrong, but i am sure that
the
> email and passwd are fine.

I think the login procedure for yahoo mail is a bit
more
complex. There are lots of hidden fields on the login
form -
Some are required, some are not.

Also, the login goes through a couple of pages in
succession,
and "builds" a string of cookies along the way.

If you want, I can post some pascal/libcurl code that
might help.
(It is pretty much "alpha" right now, but it works)

There is also an example in perl here:
http://web.mit.edu/ravir/fetchyahoo/FetchYahoo.tar.gz
but it uses another module instead of curl.
(i don't remember which one )

 - Jeff P.