Re: asynchronous dns for multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:56:38 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Steve Dekorte wrote:

> > That's right. It's not ideal, but it at least makes the multi API usable
> > until a dns callback is available.
>
> I spoke too soon - this doesn't work in all cases. Some sites want the
> domain name in the request(instead of the ip). So we really need a callback
> solution.

Well, they want the host name in the Host: header which you can provide in
case you want to.

But if you want libcurl to follow locations (and possibly something more), we
really need the "internal" support for async name resolves. I would like to
see this approach getting implemented. I just won't have time to do anything
myself before my vacation (coming up in just a week).

                   Bringing you mounds of caffeinated joy