Error 405

From: Chirag <chirag_at_cellcloud.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:42:02 +0530

hi,

     I am submitting a URL from Curl C Api on Linux plaform. But I get an error with Error Number 405. It asks me to specify either GET or POST method. Even though when i specify one of the two setopt() parameters, i still get the Error 405.

e.g. I have specified :

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_HTTPGET, TRUE);

 OR

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POST, TRUE);

I want to explicitly issue a GET METHOD but CURLOPT_HTTPGET doesnt seem to have any effect on that. Is there any other function thru which i can specify GET ? Do i have to configure something at the server end where the URL is submitted ?

I dont understand what to do as specified in CURL FAQ :

    4.5.5 "405 Method Not Allowed"

    The method specified in the Request-Line is not allowed for the resource
    identified by the Request-URI. The response MUST include an Allow header
    containing a list of valid methods for the requested resource.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Chirag