Re: async connect

From: Bjorn Reese <breese_at_mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 11:59:55 +0000

Steve Dekorte wrote:

> I noticed that even when using the multi interface,
> the connect phase seems to block. Is this true? and if
> so, is there any way around it?

It is not supposed to block (except for the DNS lookup.)

As nobody here (to the best of my knowledge) is a psychic
we need further information on this. What version of curl
are you using, and what platform? How do you use the multi
interface? (preferably with samples). What do you observe
more precisely? Does a system call tracer gives you any
clues about where the blocking happens?