Downloading page in PHP database

From: Raphael Summers <raphael_at_cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:04:25 +0100

Sirs/madams,

I apologise in advance for presenting what I believe is a standard problem.
Unfortunately, time does not permit me at the moment to research into it. I
was wondering whether you might know the answer.

I am trying to download the html of the following website:

 http://www.idlepimps.com/displaycityranks.php?offset=0&uid=3w6FZJiZmXzH

However, it downloads (null).

The website www.idlepimps.com presents two boxes for username and password.
After a bit of investigation, I discovered that the following website
achieves the same goal:

http://www.idlepimps.com/login.php?pimpid=xxx&pwd=xxx

Another observation I made is that the uid changes on every occassion I log
in. Therefore, it did not seem possible just to use the CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS
option of curl_easy_setopt() with uid=3w6FZJiZmXzH. I also messed around a
bit with CURLOPT_USERPWD, but to no avail. How do I get Curl to log onto
www.idlepimps.com, retrieve the new uid, and then use that uid to download
the webpage I require?

Thank you in advance,

Raphael Summers.