Re: Increasing connexion time and cpu usage with the number of simultaneous curl_easy_perform

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:00:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Arnaud VALLEE wrote:

> I have a multithread application. Each threads are independant and calls
> libcurl functionalities to fetch resources on the net. As i am using the
> curl_easy_perform, I noticed that the connexion time increase considerably
> with the number of thread. Up to 5, it is ok (a few seconds).
> But with 30 threads, it can take more than a minute.
> Furthermore, the cpu is always at 100%.

[ source code cut off ]

> Here is my configuration:
> - os win2000.
>
> I do not use any debug! (i noticed it could be longer with debug
> information as it is mentioned in the doc)
>
> The object request contains all the parameter for the request (url,
> parameters...)

> - Am I doing something wrong?

> - Is there a limitation that one of you notice when making more than x
> request without using the multi handle? Or is there something to pay
> attention to?

> - my write functionsimply copy the received content in a file. Do not think
> my problem comes from here since it seems like it it is a connexion issue.

> - does anybody know if there could be some limitations with the number of
> simultaneous connexion on windows?

No, I don't know any limitations and I don't know why this would happen. I
can't see what libcurl could possibly do wrong that would make it work with 5
threads but not with 30.

What if you increase the number of threads one by one, can you see a specific
limit where this problem starts?

Does it behave the same on other Windows versions?

--
  Cheers,
  Daniel Stenberg