Re: CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:50:17 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Adrian Mardare wrote:

> When using the CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD, what kind of authentication method is
> used?

Basic is all libcurl currently supports.

> We have a proxy server ( Squid on Linux ) that can be set up to use
> different authetication methods: indentd, proxy_auth, mysql_auth etc.

I think your mixing different authentication methods here. libcurl speaks
HTTP and can only use the ones offered by HTTP (Basic and Digest being the
main ones, Digest not support today by libcurl). These ones you mention seem
to be methods that your proxy uses to authenticate the user against various
services, and not anything libcurl should be bothered about.

Then again, I might be entirely wrong.

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- curl groks URLs