Re: PHP curl wrapper

From: Wez Furlong <wez_at_thebrainroom.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 02:18:42 +0100

Hi Daniel,

In PHP, we have lived without writeable http for a long time now, so
this was not actually something I was worried about :-)
However, I think that you can "leverage" (that's the corporate word
for "borrow from" ;-) PHP and Apache to help with the chunked transfer
(and also zlib/deflate handling).

I've got some thoughts on cookies and "sessions" and how they can be
tied into the framework that I've developed for PHP that might benefit
other applications adopting libcurl in a similar way: PHP will have
a "stream context", functionally somewhat similar to an "internet session"
in the Windows Inet API. The plan is to have common settings, cookies
and other session related information stored in this context parameter.

From what I've read so far from the various docs in the curl CVS,
although curl can do this stuff, it's not 100% application friendly.
For instance, with the cookie jar functionality, I'd like to be able
to specify callbacks for reading individual cookies from the jar and
writing them to the jar. Then we can implement the jar using a PHP
hash table, which means that scripts can directly manipulate it
(which = very nice indeed).

--Wez.