Re: ftp CURLE_FTP_PORT_FAILED after lots of downloads

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:42:46 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Cadime wrote:

> I am using libcurl 7.9.8 at HPUX11.

That is not IPv6-enabled, right?

> After geeting 2110 files, I am getting the CURLE_FTP_PORT_FAILED error,
> even after reseting the curl handle...

Does it always fail after exactly 2110 files?

> Here it is the verbose output of the 2110th file and the 2111th one:

> > PORT 10,70,40,7,253,11^M

[snip]

> > PORT 10,70,40,7,253,12^M
> * Connected the data stream with PORT!
> > TYPE I^M
> > SIZE DP_32842_1_03_33.des^M
> > RETR DP_32842_1_03_33.des^M
> * Closing connection #0

What is the error message associated with this error? CURLE_FTP_PORT_FAILED
can be generated in quite a few places in the code so if you could dig up the
human-readable error message too, it would help a lot.

Also, I noticed that it did "PORT 10,70,40,7,253,11" twice and then the
failing one did "PORT 10,70,40,7,253,12" (increased the port number one
step). Does this behavior always repeat when you see this problem?