Re: configuring / compiling / linking problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:56:09 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Cadime wrote:

> In order to enhance portability and compiling options to LIBCURL, I will
> describe some situations I am facing when tying to compile libcurl with
> ONLY ftp support in HP-UX aCC.

I don't think --disable-http is properly supported. I'll make a note about
that in KNOWN_BUGS. AFAIK, the other protocols are possible to disable
properly.

> a)I am not able to --disable--http and use FTP
> ftp.c use Curl_ConnectHTTPProxyTunnel, for example .

So is that really supposed to work then? If you disable HTTP, should libcurl
really support any operations that involve HTTP then? What about using ftp
over a http-proxy? That's done entirely using HTTP...

> Thus, to reduce the library space to FTP-only users, I did: CC=cc
> ./configure --without-ssl --disable-shared --disable-ldap --disable-dict
> --disable-telnet --disable-ipv6 --disable-thread --disable-gopher
> --disable-file
>
> b) Some warnings I got:

[snip]

Feel free to fix and mail us patches. I personally don't work on the
--disable-[protocol] stuff very much and I have no intentions of doing so
before 7.10 is released. If you find problems, please correct them and mail
us diffs.