Re: curl multi interface and windows

From: <RBramante_at_on.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:15:30 -0400

Ugh. Nevermind. A cut-and-paste error from multi-app.c was the culprit.
The multi stuff/select seems to be working with the correction.

Thanks.

Re: curl multi interface and windows
2002-09-10 00:36
 On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 RBramante_at_on.com wrote:

> Is the multi interface supported for windows? I noticed the dll did not
> export the multi apis from the def file. I added the apis to the def
file
> and rebuilt.

 Right, those were missing in the 7.9.8 release and have been added to CVS
 since:
 http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/curl/curl/lib/libcurl.def

> But unfortunately select() always fails for me with 10038 "An
> operation was attempted on something that is not a socket." Is this a
> dll/exe execution conext issue, i.e. the sockets allocated in the dll
have
> no meaning for my select() in the exe.

 I believe so. Does anyone know if it is possible for the library to
"export"
 those sockets so that the application can select() on them?

> In that case will this all work if I
> build/link curl as a static lib vs. dll?

 Can't you just try and see what happens?

> I would like to be able to get more control over reading HTTP GET
> rather than just relying on the callbacks.

 That's why we introduced the multi interface.