RE: Cookie Problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:25:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Lorenzo Pastrana wrote:

> I had the same problem, what i found out (guessed) is that curl doesn't
> copy the filename given for cookiejar, so if the pointer is no more valid
> at the time it stores the cookies it reads random memory bytes for a
> filename, making that pointer valid untill completion clears the problem
> for me, you might try this.

Let me amuse you all with a little quote from the curl_easy_setopt() man
page:

     NOTE: strings passed to libcurl as 'char *' arguments, will
     not be copied by the library. Instead you should keep them
     available until libcurl no longer needs them. Failing to do
     so will cause very odd behavior or even crashes.

So this *should* not come as a surprise to anyone. If you have suggestions on
how this can be improved even more in the docs, please provide patches. I'll
appreciate them!