RE: Cookie Problem

From: Lorenzo Pastrana <pastrana_at_ultraflat.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:00:05 +0200

Usual "Bang Your Head Tree Times Against The Wall Before Reading The Manual"
practice ;p

More bad habits...

> Let me amuse you all with a little quote from the curl_easy_setopt() man
> page:
>
> NOTE: strings passed to libcurl as 'char *' arguments, will
> not be copied by the library. Instead you should keep them
> available until libcurl no longer needs them. Failing to do
> so will cause very odd behavior or even crashes.
>
> So this *should* not come as a surprise to anyone. If you have
> suggestions on how this can be improved even more in the docs,
> please provide patches. I'll appreciate them!

Since you're speaking of improving the documentation, I was initially a
little confused by the curlopt man page, so I took the time to re-order the
CURLOPTs in a more topological way (rather than implementation history
track) and then I could see the light... I beleieve that this single move
could bring in so mutch more clarity it could be worth the hassle... I send
you the result off-list (as it may not reflect your initial intentions) so
you can see my point.

Lo.