RE: Cache in curl please express yourself... :-)

From: Lorenzo Pastrana <pastrana_at_ultraflat.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:07:32 +0200

> I'm afraid you're the only one in favour of this addition, why I
> can't see us adding this.

Okok, upon public demand, I'll keep my cache working 'around' rather than
'inside' curl ;). Anyway, I think I'll test/polish it a little further and
make it available from somewhere soon.

If anybody is interested in a beta version, let me know...

Roger.
Lo.

parnaoid post-scriptum :

I'm not asking you "could you please add xyzw feature to your yet fantastic
program so I can spare the time of doing it myself..", I have it working
already, I was just proposing to give away that code for integration. I
quote the beginning of our discussion :

> What I have for the moment is a working C++ wrapper around curl.

<SNIP>Blah,blah</SNIP>

> (KISS! model :).
> The interface is : Give An Url and Get The Data back (BTW if the cached
> file is ok, don't bother downloading). period

<SNIP>Blah,blah</SNIP>

> > Well, I could be convinced that having the cache functionality is a good
> > thing, but then you need to take this to the mailing list and get some
>
> Anyway I'm not trying to 'convince' you to put a cache mechanism in curl,
I just say