Problems compiling the cURL binary under Linux.. (newbe)

From: Stefan Löfgren <stefan.lofgren_at_introducor.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:26:20 +0200

Hi...
First of all I'm a new user of curl... Well, not really. It doesn't work... :(

Question #1:
I'm trying to compile curl under linux, but I'm not getting the binary "curl",
just a wrapper-script... how can I get the binary?
It works just fine under W2K...

Question #2:
Does curl really need GLIBC_2.2?
Instead of compiling the binary, I have downloaded it instead.
But it needs GLIBC_2.2 all the time... Fine, I downloaded GLIBC_2.2... Great
it works. But iptables stop working instead!... new download of iptables... No luck.. Damn...
So, can I get curl without the need of GLIBC_2.2?

/Stefan