Re: Re: Problem with async connect in multi interface

From: yarram sunil <yvsunil_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 04:56:31 -0000

Thanks, it is working fine now..
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 Daniel Stenberg wrote :
>On 16 Sep 2002, yarram sunil wrote:
>
>(Sorry it's taken a while to respond)
>

>This is clearly a mistake, it should close the previous
>connection when the
>timeout occurs. I would be happy if you could try the attached
>patch here and
>see if it helps out!
>
> > Also the function "Curl_is_connected" defined in file
>"connect.c" returns
> > "CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED" when the connect times out. I
>think
> > "CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT" return code would be appropriate
>here.
>
>I don't agree. CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED is returned when a
>timeout set by
>you has elapsed. If it fails for normal/default network
>reasons,
>CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT is returned.

    Let me put my problem here. I can connect to more than one
proxy. if my first proxy is down then i should connect to another
proxy and the only way to know my first proxy was down is through
the error code returned by curl as CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT. If i get
a CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED then i cannot distinguish whether it
has happened during the connect time or a overall timeout.

              It would be better if a new error code
CURLE_CONNECT_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED returned rather than
CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEOUTED when connection time out is reached.

--
Sunil.