Re: curl_version_info() take 2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:17:53 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Any opinions?

Ok, I'll add a man page and put it in the upcoming pre-release so that you'll
all get to a chance to try it out live.

I also added a 'host' field since I posted my mail, that points to a full
string describing the detected host/os/cpu information from the build
environment.

> /* declared as a struct to allow future expansion while remaining backwards
> * and binary compatible; any new fields in these two structs must be added
> * after the existing fields */
> typedef struct {
> const char *protoname;
> } curl_runtime_protocol_info;

It struck me that this attempt to be "binary compatible" doesn't work, as the
returned data is an array that we can't change the size of individual entries
in without breaking the ABI.

Thus, I'll convert this into a plain "char *protocols[]" array instead.