Re: gdb trace in curl core

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:18:02 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Chirag wrote:

> Please may i know what does this core in CURL mean ?

Let's have a try.

> My function, get_url_content_from_web is calling the curl_perform()
> function. I have 30 threads and the core as well as my function is given
> below. I had disabled the TIMEOUT option. (What then will it take the
> default timeout as ?)

Default timeout is whatever your system uses. Default timeout means that curl
does nothing particular to stop an operation, ever.

> #0 Curl_pgrsUpdate (conn=0x13ca58) at progress.c:193
> 193 int nowindex = data->progress.speeder_c% CURR_TIME;
> (gdb) where
> #0 Curl_pgrsUpdate (conn=0x13ca58) at progress.c:193
> #1 0xff3246d0 in Transfer (c_conn=0x13ca58) at transfer.c:848

This certainly made me puzzled for several seconds. Then...

I asked you already before if you're using 7.9.8 or not. I find it rather
stupid to run around to hunt for bugs unless you run the most recent stable
version, as otherwise we might experiencing bugs we've already fixed.

line 193 in progress.c is a comment, there's no code there.

I scanned through the CVS and I noticed that the most recent version of curl
that actually had a line 193 looking like the one you show was curl 7.9.

We've corrected *numerous* bugs since then. I find no point in chasing this
particular one until you can repeat it with 7.9.8 (or later).