Re: Differences between the buffer-oriented curl_fromadd() parameters

From: Holger Rauch <Holger.Rauch_at_heitec.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:47:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Chris!

Thanks a lot for your quick and informative reply!

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Combes, Chris M. wrote:

> [...]
> CURLFORM_PTRCONTENTS is similar to reading the data as with the BUFFER options,
> but does not add the filename="data" parameter to the multipart form.

That leads me to the questions when a form field filename="data" is
relevant and when it isn't?

> The BUFFER terms are used to signify a distinct operation, and
> the code base supporting this method better than mixing options.

What precisely do you mean by "code base"? Which code base are you talking
about?

> Perhaps the number of options can be decreased to make it easier on the
> user.

If so, it wouldn't be that bad :-)

> Also, BUFFER was used so that the user can upload data from memory, instead of
> having to specify a filename, that is read by curl (e.g. CURLFORM_FILE).

Since you mention CURLFORM_FILE: There's also CURLFORM_FILECONTENT. What's
the difference between those two? Up to now I've only used the latter.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Greetings,

        Holger