Date: 02 Oct 2002 12:43:42 +0200
a new version of pycurl has been released. pycurl is a python wrapper
module for the curl library.
pycurl can be downloaded at http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/ and the
current version is 7.10.
since the previous version of pycurl (22.214.171.124) was silently announced,
the 126.96.36.199 changelog is also included here.
* Added commandline options to setup.py for specifying the path to
'curl-config' (non-windows) and the curl installation directory
(windows). See the 'INSTALL' file for details. Also fixed some
minor build problems on Win32.
* Added CURLOPT_ENCODING, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL and CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE
* Added a simple web-browser example based on gtkhtml and pycurl.
See the file 'examples/gtkhtml_demo.py' for details. The example
requires a working installation of gnome-python with gtkhtml
bindings enabled (pass --with-gtkhtml to gnome-python configure).
* Added new method 'select' on CurlMulti objects. Example usage
in 'tests/test_multi5.py'. This method is just an optimization of
the combined use of fdset and select (not tested on Win32).
* Added support for curl_multi_fdset. See the file
'tests/test_multi4.py' for example usage. Contributed by
Conrad Steenberg <conrad_at_hep.caltech.edu>.
* perform() on multi objects now returns a tuple (result, number
of handles) like the libcurl interface does.
* Added the 'sfquery' script which retrieves a SourceForge XML
export object for a given project. See the file 'examples/sfquery.py'
for details and usage. 'sfquery' was contributed by
Eric S. Raymond <esr_at_thyrsus.com>.
* API enhancements: added Curl() and CurlMulti() as aliases for
init() and multi_init(), and added close() methods as aliases
for the cleanup() methods. The new names much better match
the actual intended use of the objects, and they also nicely
correspond to Python's file object.
This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
Welcome to geek heaven.
Received on 2002-10-02