Re: Problem with ./ in redirect

From: Yet Another Geek <yetanothergeek_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:41:07 -0700 (PDT)

> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Ufuk Kayserilioglu wrote:
>
> [Moved this over to the libcurl mailing list]
>

>> I decided to use the InternetCrackURL and
InternetCombineURL
>> functions in the WinInet library of Windows
>> (even though I didn't enjoy the idea of using yet
another
>> component for the task).

> I can understand that. Also, using WinInet makes
your application
> break the portability that libcurl otherwise can
help you maintain.

>> Now that the issue is being dealt with inside the
cURL community,
>> may I suggest that such functionality also be
exposed through the
>> library. We could maybe have curl_url_combine() and
curl_url_crack()
>> kind of functions. I would even offer my own
contributions to such
>> a cause.

> I've thought about offering such functions, but
again, no one has
> requested them and thus I have not found any good
motive to spend
> time and energy on that.

> Could you write down a proposal on how the functions
would work
> and how you'd use them? It would make it a lot
easier for all of
> us to understand what you're suggesting and based on
that figure
> out if this is a good or bad thing.

> I've never seen nor used the WinInet library.

I think the general idea is built around this
document:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

I know you don't like the GPL stuff, but there is a
library available that specializes in this kind of
stuff. It seems like WAY overkill to me - about
8,000 lines of code! But maybe the man page might
give somebody an idea of what is involved...

The home page is at:
  http://www.nongnu.org/uri/
And the online manual:
  http://www.nongnu.org/uri/doc.en.html

BTW, congratulations for a *super* job on 7.10 !!!

- Jeff Pohlmeyer