Question on lots of simultaneous connections

From: Paul Koch <pak_at_statscout.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:36:51 +1000

Hi,

I am building an application which requires to perform many
(eg. 100+) simultaneous HTTP requests to many remote
servers to retrieve data. Client and servers all run FreeBSD.

Is 100+ simultaneous requests/connections an issue for libcurl ?
Does it have a limit ?

The manual page defines "CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS". Is this
relevent ? The manual says not to change it unless you are
aware of how it works. Should I and can I set it to 150 ?

Thanks
        Paul Koch.