SSLv2 and certificate verification

From: Craig Davison <cd_at_securityfocus.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:41:30 -0600

Hi again,
Does anyone know why this might fail due to a certificate problem (with 7.10.1):
curl -2 https://upload.securityfocus.com/

While SSLv3 (-3) and TLSv1 (-1) succeed?

Other hosts I can make this happen with are tms.securityfocus.com, analyzer.securityfocus.com, and sfcm.securityfocus.com. upload, tms and analyzer are IIS servers, whereas sfcm is running Apache on UNIX.
Is this a problem with our certificates, or is SSLv2 certificate verification somehow broken?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Craig Davison
Symantec Corporation