Re: transfer speed control

From: Vincent Penquerc'h <vincent.penquerch_at_artworks.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:33:22 +0100

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 05:04:30PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:
> > There does not seem to be a way to control the data transfer speed.
>
> There is if you're using the easy interface. Just delay your callbacks.

That won't control the transfer speed though, it will just control the
speed at which I retrieve it from libcurl, which probably means that
libcurl will have to allocate more and more memory to buffer the incoming
data until my program reads them. I would like to instruct the distant
server to send at a reduced speed, so there is no excessive buffering of
incoming data, and the associated strain on the client machine.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h