Re: curLib and OpenSSL and certificates on Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:30:39 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 TiborSzoke_at_domino.eWorldES.com wrote:

> curl https://www.somesite.com command on Windows, I get the following
> error:
>
> * SSL: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
> verify failedcurl: (35) SSL: error:14090086:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE: certificate verify failed.

This issue is summarized in the UPGRADE document:

        http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/UPGRADE

This is also being discussed on the curl-users list right now, on how to make
the curl tool on windows use the default CA cert package better/easier as
people don't usually install stuff like this the same way on windows as on
Linux/unix.

> As I understand I have to tie OpenSSL with the Curl client some way but I
> don't exactly know how.

curl --cacert is your friend for this. Or just use -k/--insecure.