Re: curLib and OpenSSL and certificates on Windows

From: Dave Halbakken <YetAnotherDev_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:55:45 -0800

TiborSzoke_at_domino.eWorldES.com wrote:
> on Windows, I get the following
> error:
>
> * SSL: error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
> verify failedcurl: (35) SSL: error:14090086:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE: certificate verify failed.

Hi,

I struggled through this problem last week with cURL and FTPS. I finally
got cURL and FTPS working in Win2K Pro using by using the cURL option

--capath <directory>

Then I used the

openssl x509 -hash

command to get the hash value for the self-signed root CA certificate I
use for testing, then put a copy of that certificate in <directory>,
naming the certificate <hash>.0.

For some reason the

--cacert <file>

cURL option would not work for me.